Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Crafty Weekend

This past weekend I had a really fun crafty weekend with several friends. Joy Ott, Sandi Neumann, Heather Ruwe, and my daughter, Christy, and I all got together at Jana Millen's house for a fun weekend of crafting and girl time! At times I think we did more tv watching than stamping (who knew there are whole shows devoted to covering up tattoos, and at least 3 versions of buying wedding dresses!!). But, I did get several cards made that I am really happy with.

I decided that it was time to finally get out the March SSS card kit and make some cards with it. I love the stamp set, and have used it quite a few times since I got it, but for some reason, even though I love the papers, I have had a hard time using them.  This weekend was no different, but I did make 2 cards with it.





Then I just had to play with one of the new SSS dies - I love this delicate little tree with the cut out leaves. And since I had the perfect little wood veneer birds by Studio Calico to use (thanks Christy!), I made the following 2 cards. The first one also uses a new SSS sentiment set that has sentiments that coordinate for the inside and outside of the card, Inside and Out Sayings.  This set is a must have!! The inside of the card reads "...or nearly always. Maybe 86.3% of always! So cute!


You probably also noticed lots of my current obsession - Neat & Tangled sequins!!! I am loving using them on just about everything!!!

The last 2 cards use the Avery Elle Rounded Diamonds stamp set and dies.  The second card was inspired by a card that I saw online, and can't find right now (I'll update with a link as soon as I find it). Such a fun set to play with. I have one more started, but am not happy with it so far.


I guess that's not a lot to show for a whole weekend, but we had fun!!! Looking forward to doing it again soon!!!!!

I have a few more cards that I've done lately that I will share in the next post!



2 comments:

  1. Great cards! I Had a ball with you gals:) Loved your egg casserole:) I will be making it this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete