Monday, June 3, 2013

Graduation and Friendship

I had a graduation party to go to this weekend, and needed a card. And I just knew that my new Sunburst stamp set from Neat & Tangled was going to be perfect. I remembered seeing a card on their blog that Danielle made where she stamped the sunburst onto stars. And after a little trial and error with various shapes and sizes of stars I came up with a card that I loved.




It's hard to see it in this photo but the sunburst and the sentiment are stamped in Versamark ink, and then heat embossed with silver embossing powder. Her school colors were black and white, hence my choice of colors. I also scattered some silver stars from BasicGrey across the front. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Reach for the Stars set.

I have one more card to share today. In a recent post I told you about a card front I was playing with that I just couldn't get to work. I was playing with the Avery Elle Rounded Diamonds set, and just wasn't happy with how it was going.  So I set the piece aside. And then I was looking at Laura Bassen's blog and saw this card, and knew just what I wanted to do with it!!!

I just needed to treat it like a piece of patterned paper and cut it down, even though I would lose a little of the stamped image all the way around. I even borrowed the way she put her sentiment down the side of the card. I love how bright and cheery this card turned out.  The inks are all Hero Arts, and the image is the Avery Elle Rounded Diamond.

Christy and I are headed out to tomorrow to drive to Shreveport, LA, to visit my Mom and sister. So the next time you hear from me it will probably be with some photos from our trip.

Thanks for checking in with me!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment